St. Joseph Convent
St. Joseph Convent, Hunsur - June 4, 1956
Address : St. Joseph Convent Hunsur,
Mysore District 571105
Phone No. : 08222-252265
The first establishment of the Ursuline Franciscan Sisters in the Diocese of Mysore was at Hunsur on June 4, 1956. Sisters Cecily Pinto, Julita Menezes and Ninian Theresa were the pioneers. From the beginning the pastoral and educational services were offered simultaneously.
Even now the sisters have been taking up their pastoral apostolate assiduously. Catechesis to children and adults, family visits and prayers, SCC prayer meetings and altar service are the main focus of the ministry.
The academic institutions cater to 4,500 pupils starting from Kindergarten up to ‘First grade Degree College’ with both Kannada and English Mediums. The composite nature of the school premises enables its utilization for other purposes such as training programme for teachers and police personnel. Besides, the campus is used during the Panchayat, Taluka and State Assembly Elections – from the casting of votes to the counting of votes.